Saturday, July 9, 2011

About Me

A little about me and my new blog:

Who am I?  I am a 25 year old Asian who loves everything and anything food related.  I was born in South Korea, but I was raised in Atlanta (yes, you have a real native Atlien on your hands) and have pure Southern roots due to my SEC parents (Go Dawgs!).




And while I cook my occasional stir fry and would love to indulge in sushi more frequently than my paycheck allows, my little Asian/Caucasian heart belongs to the Italian cuisine.  I traveled to Italy a couple years ago and learned how to make homemade pasta, drink Chianti like it was water, and just engulfed myself in the rich, Italian culture.





Now I am not saying I deny my Asian roots, well maybe a little, and I may have a bit of identity crisis goin on.  I am just saying maybe my future rich husband will buy me a ticket to the 2018 Winter Olympics in South Korea and I can work on that then.  But for now, you can enjoy my hopefully convivial, witty and probably somewhat judgmental posts about everything food and not-so-much on Asian culture.

I have to say I was a huge opponent of Twitter a couple years ago, but before I knew it, I had changed my name on my Twitter account my friends had made for me to @frugalfoodieJG and my obsession with Atlanta food blogs and tweets was born.  If you have been to my Twitter account, you have seen I have many a twitpics of food I have cooked or ordered at restaurants as well as deals from any one of the dozens of deal sites I frequent daily.  Spawning from my Twitter obsession, I decided it was about time to start my own damn blog!  I hope you enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment